Home » Submissions
Summer. It’s blazing hot. You’re sweaty and thirsty. You need relief. You have – Heat Stroke.
By definition, heat stroke is a dangerous increase in body temperature. Hot and sticky weather aside, we can think of more fun and sexy ways you can get overheated. Can you?
SESSIONS Gallery is currently seeking entries for overXXXposed 3: Heat Stroke. An all media juried exhibition open to all artists.
Artists are encouraged to submit work that explores the concept of ‘heat stroke’ in its broadest connotations.The resulting juried exhibition will be a reaction to the range and depth of the submitted work.
- Submissions can be (but are not limited to) any of the following: Drawing, Graphic Design, Illustration, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Textiles
- A maximum of five (5) works may be submitted; however we reserve the right to accept any number of works.
- Include a clear, concise list of proposed works, including title, medium, dimensions, year and price.
- Include a brief artist biography (maximum of 250 words).
- Include a photo of yourself.
- Include a $50.00 submission fee.
- Submission deadline is July 10, 2011.
- All works selected for exhibition must be delivered and ready to hang or install, with all necessary hardware and materials (this includes displays for video works and components for any electronic media).
- Artists are responsible for hanging their own work. All work accepted work must be hung on the designated wall by July 17, 2011.
- Photographs must be framed properly. That includes matt board and frame. We want the art to look good on the walls. No ratty old frames. Avoid pictures printed on poster board, five different frames on five different pictures. Continuity, quality and professionalism is key.
- Minimum size for frames is 16”x 20”; Maximum size is 30”x 40”
- Artists will be notified of our selection by July 12, 2011.
- All models/subjects photographed or depicted must be of legal age of majority. Artists and photographers take all responsibility on this matter.
- All photography must be model released.
- By submitting an application, you agree that if selected to exhibit, your work may be reproduced for promotional and marketing efforts in advance of the exhibition. These materials will not benefit overXXXposed financially and will serve only to promote the exhibition.
- overXXXposed is not responsible for any loss and/or damage to artwork.
- overXXXposed takes 25% commission on all work sold.
- Free admission to show for all contributors.